Equipment that has been identified as inventorial equipment gets added to the equipment register when the invoice has been paid. At that point, a property tag is generated and sent to the department equipment custodian with an Asset Locator Report form.
The department equipment custodian is responsible for:
- Attaching the property tag to the equipment
- Taking a picture of the property tag on the equipment
- Taking a picture of the equipment
- Recording the make, model, and serial number on the Asset Locator Report form
- Recording the building and room number on the Asset Locator Report form
- Correcting misinformation on the Asset Locator Report form (i.e. description, user, etc.)
- Forwarding the photos and the Asset Locator Report form to Equipment Management
The information on the Asset Locator Report form is used to update the Equipment Register. It is the department equipment custodian’s responsibility to ensure this is correct.
It is a requirement of the federal government and university policy that campus equipment inventories must be completed biennially in order to ensure the accuracy of inventorial records in the Equipment Management System.
Inventorial verification involves ensuring the accuracy of all equipment records for your department with the information listed in the Equipment Management System.